You are hereHome ›
Remaining candidate filing opens
Northern Dakota County candidates in cities without primary elections began filing for their candidacy in the 2014 election last week.
The filing period for the city councils of Mendota Heights, Mendota, Lilydale and Sunfish Lake, as well as the South St. Paul School District Board of Education started July 29 and ends Aug. 12.
Candidates in Inver Grove Heights, South St. Paul and West St. Paul have already filed, as have those running for Dakota County attorney, county sheriff and county comissioner for district 2. Those vying for state representative positions are also locked in.
South St. Paul and Inver Grove Heights garnered enough candidates to prompt primary elections Aug. 12.
The final outcomes of the races will be determined in the the general election Nov. 4.
Positions with open filing period:
- Mayor (currently Anita Pampusch)
- Two council seats (currently Robert Bullard and John Diehl)
- Mayor (currently Brian Mielke)
- Two council seats (currently Erick Lehet and Melody Rasmussen)
- Mayor (currently Sandra Krebsbach)
- Two council seats(currently Ultan Duggan and Liz Petschel)
- Mayor (currently Molly Park)
- Two council seats (currently Mike Hovey, JoAnne Wahlstrom)
South St. Paul School Board
- Four at-large seats
Those positions are currently held by: Lisa Rother (Ward 2, vice chair), Wendy Felton (at-large, secretary-clerk), Deborah Clark (Ward 1, inspector), Amy Williams (Ward 3, treasurer)
— Kaitlyn Roby